Who doesn’t love Nutella? Nutella has become a staple in our pantry. Here’s a simple enough recipe for a breakfast biscuit with Nutella. Part biscuit, part scone and just enough to nibble on all morning.
Nutella Drop Biscuits
Makes about 10-12 small biscuits
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp sugar
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
6 tbsp unsalted butter, cold
1 cup buttermilk
1/2-1 cup Nutella
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Combine all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
3. Cut cold butter into small cubes. Add butter cubes to dry ingredients and with 2 forks, pastry blender (my favorite and easiest) or fingertips, mix well. Mixture will start to look like coarse cornmeal, keep working until all chunks of butter are mixed in.
4. Add buttermilk and stir enough just to blend.
5. Drop Nutella by the spoonful, stirring gently after every spoonful. Start with 1/2 and add to taste. I go with 1 cup.
6. Drop by spoonfuls onto baking sheet, 6 per sheet, leaving room to expand. Bake 12-15 minutes.
In a large bowl combine flour and salt. Make a well in center of mixture and slowly pour in egg/water mixture. Mixing with a fork until a dough has formed. Slowly adding water as needed.
Move dough to a lightly floured counter and knead a few times. Place dough back into bowl and cover with a damp towel for 10 minutes.
This dough is versatile and can be used in most recipes that call for won ton dough. Simply divide dough in half and roll each half to desired thickness and cut into 3 x 3 squares. This dough can also be used for a variety of appetizers. Roll, cut, fill and fry to crispiness.