Quick Mexican shredded beef to use in tacos, burritos, nachos etc.
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 1 hr 30 min
1 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp salt
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp pepper
2 pounds boneless chuck roast
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 chopped onion
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp lime juice
- Turn on Instant Pot and set to saute.
- In a large container combine all seasonings. Cut roast into 4 large chunks. Roll chunks into seasoning, rub in and use all of the mixture.
- Add vegetable oil into pot for a couple of minutes, add onion and stir.
- Place roast chunks into pot and sear for a couple of minutes, turn, repeat until all sides are seared.
- Pour in water, cover and lock lid, make sure to set valve to seal.
- Set pot to pressure cook and set timer for 40 minutes.
- When done, set valve to vent, remove lid carefully, place beef chunks into a serving dish or large bowl, shred with 2 forks. Pour lime juice into broth, stir and pour over shredded meat.
You must be logged in to post a comment.