This recipe is easy and can easily changed up. I usually will make these bars with leftover Halloween candy or leftover bars from my husband’s meetings.
Yield: 36-48 bars (depending on size)
1 cup unsalted butter-softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups of any filling you want or have on hand. Chocolate chips, chopped up candy bars or mini bars, Kisses, Cups, Rolos, M&M’s anything will work, this recipe is easy, just chop up your candy and mix in.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar. add in eggs and vanilla.
- Add salt and baking soda. slowly add flour and continue mixing. Add in chopped candy of your choice.
- Spread evenly onto baking pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack before cutting into bars.
Picture on the left is with Rolos and topped with sprinkles. Picture on right is made with chopped up Hershey bars.
Have you made this recipe? What filling did you try? Let me know!