This recipe is almost as good as the candy bar at the store!
Yield: 48 bars
Prep: 20 min
Bake: 20 min
Cook: 10 min
Chill: 2 hrs
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup corn syrup
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
11.5 oz milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line bottom and sides of a 9×13 pan with parchment paper. You can also use a 7×11 or 8×8 pan, this depends on the thickness you like.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter, vanilla and powdered sugar. Add in flour until well mixed. Press into the bottom of pan and flatten out, covering the entire bottom. Bake for 20 minutes, 25 for 7×11 and 8×8 pan.
- Begin to make the caramel when crust has about 10 minutes left to bake.
- In a medium saucepan, add butter, sugar, corn syrup and canned milk. Cook on medium-low heat until all ingredients are dissolved. Increase heat just a little, stirring frequently, bring to a boil, then reduce heat back to medium-low heat, stir frequently and cook for 8-10 minutes. Caramel will be thick and begin to pull from the sides, do not let this burn, stir frequently.
- Pour caramel over the cookie crust and spread evenly. Let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt chocolate chips on low heat, stirring constantly, pour over caramel layer and spread evenly. Chill.
- Cut into desired sized squares or bars.