Tired of banana bread? While banana bread is delicious, this recipe is all cake and a little custard.
Yield: 11×7 pan
Prep: 15 min
Bake: 45 min
4 eggs seperated
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla
2 ripe bananas mashed
1 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 cup milk
2 tsp powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325F. Spray 11×7 pan with non stick spray or lined with parchment paper.
- In mixing bowl, whip egg whites on high until peaks form, set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, beat egg yolks, sugar and brown sugar. Add butter and mix well. Mix in water, vanilla and bananas.
- Add flour until well blended. Pour in milk and mix. Batter is runny. Add half the egg whites and fold, add remaining egg whites and fold together. Batter will seem lumpy and foamy.
- Pour batter into pan and bake 45 minutes.
- When cool, dust with powdered sugar. Cake will have a soft custard like center.