Chewy chocolate chip 2 inch cookies
Yield: 5 dozen
Bake: 13 minutes
Chill: 2 hours
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 egg yolks
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour,baking soda, salt and cornstarch, stir. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, stir together the melted butter and both sugars until well blended. Add egg, egg yolks and vanilla.
- Slowly add the four mixture mixing after each addition. The dough will be thick. When blended well, add the chocolate chips.
- Cover bowl and chill for 2 hours or overnight. (after chilling-you may also roll dough into balls and freeze, baking only the amount you want.)
- When ready to bake, let dough sit on counter for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 f degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll about 1oz (I use a scale) dough into balls and place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cookies will have an under cooked look. (they will finish baking on the hot baking sheet) Leave on baking sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Baking times may vary depending on your oven, the baking sheets, and size or cookie you choose to bake.
Tried the recipe? Comments? Let me know!