Yield: 8 cups
Bake: 60 minutes
2 cups sugar
4 egg whites
4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
4 tbsp water
2 tsp vanilla
8 cups pecans (shelled, halved)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together sugar and egg whites. Add cinnamon, salt, water and vanilla.
- Add pecans slowly, stir to coat all pecans. Spread pecans onto the 2 baking sheets, as close to single layer as possible.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Rinse mixing bowl, will reuse bowl after baking.
- Remove from oven, place pecans back into mixing bowl and stir. Spread pecans back onto the 2 baking sheets. (I line my baking sheets with new parchment paper in between). Bake an additional 20 minutes. Rinse mixing bowl.
- Remove from oven, stir pecans again in mixing bowl and spread onto baking sheets. Bake for a last 20 minutes. 60 minutes total baking time. Allow pecans to cool and store in airtight container.