The ever so popular 30mm Method. Does it work? Yes and no. No.
Poshmark is my favorite selling app to use and my busiest. I’ve done my share of everything to help with sales on Poshmark, along with this 30mm Method. I did join the Facebook group and had no guidance, after a short time I left the group and went about this on my own. No ones seems to want to share information on this with just anyone.
What is the 30mm Method? The following chart is what pops up every time a seller looks this up. Looks simple and doable. The title alone “Once A Day And Done” wow!
- As the chart shows, you edit share 30 of your items, simple, quick. Done.
- List 3 items-or relist. Simple and quick, we all have 7,532,459 pictures of clothing items on our phones. Done.
- Follow your followers, all of them…. Does not specify how many. Following everyone may take a while……
- Follow new closets from both categories just joined and fresh closets. Does not specify how many of each……
- Welcome 10 new closets. This is easy, but, I was just there at the last step…..
- Share back any activity from the last half hour. Was I supposed to keep track? Umm… i’m already 40 minutes into this…..
When I did this way back when, this took way longer than 30 minutes. I could have been doing this wrong, remember, no help from anyone. I did get more activity on my closet but ended up getting locked out or ‘jailed’ for following too many in a short period of time. Frustrating. I couldn’t be the only one out there.
So, I came up with my own method that works for me!!!
Pretty easy to follow. I do this most mornings on the treadmill. 60 minutes is what I allow to do this and repeat as much as I can.
- Self share 30 of your own items. I know 30 isn’t a lot, you’ll repeat this.
- Return shares. I pick 5 closets from my notifications and share 5 items from each closet. Most will return these shares too.
- Follow active sellers. Go to find people, My brands-pick any, sort by active sellers at the top. Follow 30. Most of these will follow you and share your items-you’ll return shares in a bit when you repeat the steps.
- Edit, next, list 10 of your own items.
- Follow 10 just joined Poshers. Send them a ‘welcome’ note.
- Self share 30 items.
- Follow 10 fresh closets, share their items, and comment.
- Relist 5 of your own items. If you don’t have pictures available, take screenshots, copy and past descriptions. This gets faster, trust me. I relist according to the upcoming parties. That way your item shows up in the ‘First Look’ tab.
- Repeat if you have time.
Poshmark is a social app and can be needy. Doing this or your own version of the method will keep you active in all the areas required. Building followers, self sharing, relisting and sharing new closets will keep you relevant. You cannot expect to to put in 30-60 minutes and be done for the day. You should continue to be active on the app throughout the day. Even though I do this most mornings, I still continue my regular reseller work duties. An if time allows, I definitely share my closet especially around the parties.
I have learned that being busy on the app is what works for me. Play around with numbers and keep track of what works for you. For me, having a schedule is what works. This 60 minute method is how I start my day and keeps me busy.
Questions? Comments? Have your own method?
Keep in touch!